Compressed Air Engine
– Simple & Efficient
– Based on the new MDI thermodynamic cycle.
– The primary energy is made outside the engine, and this gives much greater efficiency than the internal combustion engine.
– Overall energy efficiency more than twice that of internal combustion engines and capable of reaching over 70%.
– There is no internal combustion. That alone brings down the noise.
– The engine itself needs very little maintenance at all. Just 1 litre of vegetable oil every 25,000km.
– Efficient, clean external combustion, multi-fuel capable, enables competitive use of biomass fuels.
Compressed Air Tanks
Air is not actually the source of energy, it is the storage medium. An air powered car is surprisingly cheap to run. Without the need for a cooling system, ignition and no internal combustion these engines can be produced much more cheaply than conventional car engines.
The big advantage of MDI technology is its efficiency. This is because the MDI engines have much less variation in efficiency across its operating range than internal combustion engines.
State of Art light weight construction using high end racing car methods of Resin Moulding technology. To manufacture the body parts, Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) is used. Epoxy is the resin used for the body parts, with woven fibreglass as the reinforcing.
– A fixed air station fills the Air Pod with compressed air directly in 2 minutes.
– A mobile air filling station is a future possibility.
– Alternatively, an electric vehicle charging station can be used as the engine can run as a compressor to fill the air tank.
– A home power socket can also be used to run the engine as a compressor. – — The fill time will depend on the rating of the power outlet.
– All air stations can be recharged with renewable energy.
– concept of Dealer/Manufacturer/Partner
– locally producing micro-factories
– sell the vehicles locally and directly out of the factory
– elimination of delivery costs, distribution costs and downstream sales and storage costs